We view the main purpose of housing policy as enabling people to access decent quality, stable and affordable housing.
We are pleased to submit a response to Homes for Wales that is based on evidence from a range of JRF’s research programmes including:
- the JRF Housing Market Taskforce focused on longer term policy measures that might promote a more stable housing market;
- Young People and Housing which is working to improve the housing offer available to young people aged 16–30 in the UK
- Multiple Exclusion Homelessness which aims to better understand the relationship between homelessness and other social issues
- Climate Change and Social Justice which supports the development of socially just responses to climate change in the UK;
- A Better Life which is exploring what needs to change so that older people, especially those with high support needs, can have ‘a better life’.
JRF welcomes Homes for Wales: A White Paper for Better Lives and Communities and supports the Welsh Government’s focus on the values of fairness, social justice, equality, and sustainable development.