York Committee Deadlines 2017
|Deadline Date||Notification Of Decision|
|2.00pm on Wednesday 14 December 2016||During w/c 13 February 2017|
|2.00pm on Wednesday 22 March 2017||During w/c 15 May 2017|
|2.00pm on Wednesday 5 July 2017||During w/c 4 September 2017|
|2.00pm on Wednesday 6 September 2017||During w/c 30 October 2017|
Small grants - general programme
Who can apply?
The York Committee makes modest grants in response to applications from charities and other voluntary and not-for-profit organisations. When considering applications for grants, it gives priority to applications which fit with the aims of our Strategic Plan 2015-17.
Individuals and relationships:
- How individual and collective actions can prevent or reduce poverty.
- The role of relationships in reducing poverty in communities.
- Empowering communities to be rich in positive relationships .
Work and worth:
- Employers recognising the business and social case for better pay and jobs.
- Reduced debt and increased employment, education and training.
- Public policy based on our evidence about the future and nature of work, and the value of contributions beyond paid work.
Places where people live:
- Vibrant, strong, healthy and poverty-free York.
- More affordable, sustainable, high-quality housing.
- Economic growth that benefits people and places in poverty.
Any size of group is considered. The Committee prefer to support specific needs rather than contribute to general expenses or on-going salaries.
Grants are given to charities and other not-for-profit organisations in the area covered by the City of York Council, for the benefit of the people of York.
Grants are not normally given to:
- animal welfare groups
- archaeological work
- routine maintenance or construction of buildings*
- medical research
- overseas visits or overseas holidays.
* However, applications will be considered for improvements to buildings which will make them fit for purpose.
Should you have an application you wish to discuss please contact Helen Robinson, Community Grants Support Officer on 01904 615939 or at email@example.com.
We are not currently taking applications for strategic grants.
Previously awarded grants
JRF is committed to being an open and transparent funder and we are currently working with the 360Giving Initiative to publish our grant data.
The 360 Giving Initiative aims to help UK grant makers to publish their data openly online, to an agreed data standard. Publishing information about our grants in an open format on our own website, and through 360Giving, means that it can be shared and compared more easily.
Over time, the intention is that this information will help inform both grant makers and those looking for funding and will contribute to more effective grant making.