Over the past few months, the UK and devolved governments have provided a series of temporary lifelines to help those facing hardship to weather the Coronavirus storm. But we need more sustained efforts to keep afloat those already struggling and prevent more people from being pulled under.
JRF have released the biannual report Destitution in the UK 2020. A research team led by Professor Suzanne Fitzpatrick (Heriot-Watt University) have estimated levels of destitution on the eve of the pandemic and captured the lockdown experiences of those pushed to the brink.
Webinar speakers were
- Professor Suzanne Fitzpatrick, Professor of Housing and Social Policy in the Institute for Social Policy, Housing and Equalities Research (I-SPHERE), Heriot-Watt University
- Tracey Herrington, Manager Thrive Teeside, Member, Poverty2Solutions
- Renae Mann, CEO, No Accommodation Network (NACCOM)
- Dr Kesia Reeve, Principal Research Fellow CRESR, Sheffield Hallam University
- Katie Schmuecker, Director Policy and Partnerships, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Dr Emma Wincup, Qualitative Research Manager, Joseph Rowntree Foundation (Chair)
You can view the full virtual zoom webinar here
If you would like to know more about this event, contact Malou Lindholm, Head of Events, Joseph Rowntree Foundation for more information.