What is the picture of poverty in the UK at the start of 2022, coming up to two years after a global pandemic struck? How far has the pandemic changed the reality of those at risk of poverty? Who has been well supported and now has better prospects? Who is facing deep and persistent poverty?
Although we don’t yet have official poverty data covering the pandemic period, many sources make it clear that while some groups have been well supported and face better prospects as we exit the pandemic, others face deep and persistent poverty. These include many of the groups most at risk of poverty before the pandemic.
- Jason Beattie, Political Editor, The Daily Mirror (Chair)
- Rt Hon Jonathan Ashworth MP, Member of Parliament for Leicester South
- Baroness Philippa Stroud, Chief Executive Officer, Legatum Institute
- Peter Matejic, Deputy Director, Evidence and Impact, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Melanie Lock, Representative, Grassroots Poverty Action Group
A recording of the live webinar will be available here shortly...
If you would like to know more about this event, contact [email protected].