There are no current open calls for proposal.
What we fund
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation funds strategic activity to understand and tackle the causes of poverty in the UK.
We do not generally support:
- Unsolicited proposals
- Educational bursaries or sponsorship for individual research or further education and training courses
- Proposals that do not have the potential to make a difference to policy or practice in the UK
- Projects outside the topics within our current priorities
- Development projects that are not innovative
- Development projects from which no general lessons can be drawn
- General appeals, for example, from national charities
- Core or revenue funding, including grants for buildings or equipment
- Conferences, events, websites or publications unless they are linked with work that we are already supporting
- Grants to replace withdrawn or expired statutory funding, or to make up deficits already incurred
- Grants or sponsorship for individuals in need