Hourly rate pay: £8.74
Hours of work: Morning shifts 7am – 11am or 8am – 12noon, working 2 weekends out of 4 (12 hour & 16 hour contracts available)
Location: Plaxton Court, Scarborough
The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) provides housing, care homes, retirement and supported housing and demonstrates new approaches in these areas.
JRHT and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) work together to understand the root causes of social problems, identify ways of overcoming them, and show how social needs can be met in practice.
About the role
As a Community Care & Support Assistant at our Plaxton Court location you will make a real and positive difference to the lives of older people. Plaxton Court combines high quality accommodation with impressive social amenities and availability of care and support.
Our person-centred approach relies on you developing and maintaining positive relationships with our residents and always treating people with compassion, dignity and respect.
Day to day you will be:
- Helping residents get washed and dressed
- Administer medication
- Be responsible for care plans and ensure residents needs and choices are met
- Ensuring a thorough handover between shifts
- Working with relatives, friends and other agencies
- Keeping up to date with mandatory training.
You will need to have:
- Experience of providing care and support either in a care setting or from personal experience (e.g. looking after family members etc)
- Excellent written skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Be extremely punctual and flexible as we work in a 24/7 hr environment.
In return we offer a programme of training and development which includes nationally recognised qualifications and an opportunity to progress your social care career.
Successful candidates would be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If this describes you, to APPLY for the role of Community Care & Support Assistant please download an application pack below.
Closing deadline is 1pm on Friday 31 March 2017
Please complete our application and equal opportunities form; CVs and late applications will not be accepted.