As part of a project on Chinese migrant workers, this collection of stories lets them describe their experiences in their own words.
- what draws people from China to the UK;
- how they made the move;
- their experiences when they get here;
- how they build a new life.
- how difficult it can be to move to better jobs here;
- how vulnerable they are; and
- reveals the impact on family and relationships.
Finally, it examines how people decide if they should stay or leave, and what stops them escaping exploitation.