This review has been written ahead of the forthcoming Housing Reform Green Paper, which will include a focus on the improved provision of housing services and options for young people. The review provides a context for considering the changing nature of young people's housing transitions in recent decades and highlights some of the most pressing housing-related issues facing young people in the UK today.
In particular, it explores:
- housing pathways and the changing nature of youth transitions;
- young people and housing tenure;
- changing patterns of relationship and household formation;
- young people, housing and money;
- the housing transitions of vulnerable groups;
- key policy issues in relation to young people and housing; and
- future directions.