The purpose of the resource is to raise awareness of this important aspect of community care and to help non-specialists find out more about promoting positive change in this complex field.
The information resource contains:
- a summary of research evidence about the housing circumstances of disabled children and their families;
- an indication of the role of front-line workers in relation to housing for disabled children and their families;
- potential ways of improving housing, including moving house and adapting a family’s existing home;
- a summary of the relevant law in England;
- a series of case studies to help consolidate and expand knowledge of some of the issues involved; and
- guidance on running workshops to provide information to interested practitioners and families.