Factors contributing to community cohesion, as it affects recently arrived migrants and established Muslim communities.
This study examined factors that either enhance or undermine community cohesion in areas with established Muslim communities and into which Muslim migrants have recently arrived.
- ethnic and religious interaction;
- kinship and friendship networks;
- political and civic participation;
- community and people's feelings of belonging to Britain; and
- local policy-maker' and practitioners' views.