It provides an overview of knowledge to date and identifies the key challenges that we face in the twenty-first century. Analysed by specialists in each field, these include:
- the impact of geography and reputation on regeneration;
- why community involvement is vital, and how it can be implemented;
- the effect of joblessness on regeneration, and how it can be mitigated;
- why and how some partnerships succeed;
- the need to integrate initiatives, including top-down/bottom-up, and national/local approaches.