JRF welcomes the establishment of the House of Lords Committee on Public Services and Demographic Change and the call for Evidence.
This response provides an outline of issues drawing on some of our existing evidence. The Committee may also be interested to know of work in progress (where research evidence will publish over the coming months). We would be delighted to offer further briefing on these areas:
- a better life for older people who have high support needs
- risk, trust and relationships in an ageing society
- risk and relationships in care homes
- neighbourhood approaches to loneliness (multi-generational approach)
- creating dementia-friendly communities and neighbourhoods for all ages.
JRF response to the impact of demographic change on public services.