Through a survey of school-leavers, before and after leaving school, the report looks at:
- geographical patterns of academic achievement in relation to disadvantage;
- the variety of destinations of school-leavers;
- patterns and levels of participation in higher and further education;
- student finance and parental support;
- barriers to full participation in higher education.
The report concludes with policy recommendations for increasing meaningful participation for under-represented groups of young people.