Previous JRF studies argued that radical changes to UK Government policy are needed to end child poverty by 2020. The new child poverty strategy is an opportunity to include some of the recommendations in areas devolved wholly or partially to Wales. The Welsh Assembly Government should consider measures needed to radically change employment, childcare, skills and the taxation and:
- increase help for parents to find employment;
- dramatically improve childcare provision;
- promote flexible and good quality employment;
- encourage public and voluntary sector employers to participate in Local Employment Partnerships;
- considerably improve the skills and qualifications of adults; and
- review benefits, grants and allowances administered by the Welsh Assembly Government and local authorities and promote benefit take-up.
Mae'r cyhoeddiad hwn hefyd ar gael yn Gymraeg.