Issues affecting young people's ability to access independent housing are rising up the political agenda. In a series of UK-wide discussions and events, young people and practitioners working with young people gave their views on the housing options available to young people and whether these meet their needs and aspirations. It identified emerging trends, barriers young people face and examples of good practice.
- highlights a lack of appropriate housing options for young people;
- identifies the transition to independent living as a process rather than a one-off event;
- looks at young people’s long- and short-term housing aspirations;
- highlights the preparation and support needed for independent living; and
- provides ideas for the future.