Building better connections: Interagency work and the Connexions Service
An investigation of the effectiveness of inter-agency working in services for young people with complex needs.
This report examines the interagency strategies developed by Connexions Partnerships and the impact they have on young people facing acute and complex needs.
Drawing on case studies in three contrasting areas and interviews with stakeholders, Connexions staff and young people themselves, the report:
- Assesses different approaches to partnership development;
- Examines interagency work in depth;
- Looks at the impact on young people's daily lives;
- Analyses key issues, such as referral, assessment, advocacy and information sharing;
- Draws out the implications for policy and practice.