Housing for disabled children and their families: an information resource
An overview of information about housing for disabled children and their families, and ideas for improving their circumstances.
The purpose of the resource is to raise awareness of this important aspect of community care and to help non-specialists find out more about promoting positive change in this complex field.
The information resource contains:
- a summary of research evidence about the housing circumstances of disabled children and their families;
- an indication of the role of front-line workers in relation to housing for disabled children and their families;
- potential ways of improving housing, including moving house and adapting a family’s existing home;
- a summary of the relevant law in England;
- a series of case studies to help consolidate and expand knowledge of some of the issues involved; and
- guidance on running workshops to provide information to interested practitioners and families.