Housing choices and issues for young people in the UK
A review of recent research on the housing choices and issues for young people in the UK.
This review has been written ahead of the forthcoming Housing Reform Green Paper, which will include a focus on the improved provision of housing services and options for young people. The review provides a context for considering the changing nature of young people's housing transitions in recent decades and highlights some of the most pressing housing-related issues facing young people in the UK today.
In particular, it explores:
- housing pathways and the changing nature of youth transitions;
- young people and housing tenure;
- changing patterns of relationship and household formation;
- young people, housing and money;
- the housing transitions of vulnerable groups;
- key policy issues in relation to young people and housing; and
- future directions.