Regeneration in the 21st century: Policies into practice
This report summarises the findings of the whole of the JRF’s Area Regeneration Programme.
It provides an overview of knowledge to date and identifies the key challenges that we face in the twenty-first century. Analysed by specialists in each field, these include:
- the impact of geography and reputation on regeneration;
- why community involvement is vital, and how it can be implemented;
- the effect of joblessness on regeneration, and how it can be mitigated;
- why and how some partnerships succeed;
- the need to integrate initiatives, including top-down/bottom-up, and national/local approaches.