It explores the economic costs of child abuse and neglect and outlines broad policy implications, with a particular focus on the UK.
The report outlines:
- UK and international evidence about the association between family poverty and child abuse and neglect;
- UK and international evidence about the impact of childhood abuse or neglect on poverty in adulthood;
- evidence about the costs of child abuse and neglect;
- strengths and weaknesses in the evidence base;
- implications for policy-making.